Do Not Feed the Lawyers - Managing conflict before it escalatesJuly 4, 2018 06:00 PM - 09:00 PM - Ottawa
Time: Registration 6:00pm – 6:30pm • Seminar: 6:30pm - 9:00pm
PC Cooking School Room, Superstore, 190 Richmond Road, Ottawa, Ontario
- CCI Member - Earlybird (by June 7th): $75.00 + HST
- CCI Member - After June 7th: $95.00 + HST
- Non-Member: $275.00 + HST
The Condominium Act and the Courts describe a condominium’s obligations concerning enforcement, mediation and arbitration. But how does this really play out? How do we deal with difficult people? How do we have those difficult discussions? What is appropriate for community based disputes? Most importantly, what can we do towards both managing conflict and strengthening our community?
Condominium residents, directors, owners and industry professionals will gain insights and learn strategies for embracing and executing proactive approaches that recognize and foster the “community”. Best practices will be shared and condominium dispute resolution experts available to discuss common issues and techniques for finding sustainable resolution. Participants will be encouraged to “think outside the box” in terms of finding, and sharing, ideas and solutions in managing community based conflict.
- Marc Bhalla - C.Med, BA (Elia Associates PC)
- Christy Allen - B.Comm, LL.B. (Davidson Houle Allen LLP)
- Colm Brannigan - C.Med, C.Arb, LL.M. (ADR), LL.B. (Mediation & Arbitration Services)
RESERVATIONS A MUST! Avoid Disappointment – Register Today
- Intimate and interactive
- Limited to 35 registrants, first come first serve
- Includes spiral bound course materials
You can either conveniently and pay by credit card, or download our printable Registration Form (PDF), and mail or fax your completed Registration to the address indicated on the form.
For more information please contact the office directly at 613-755-5145.